The larynx is a tough flexible segment of the respiratory tract connecting the pharynx to the trachea in the neck it plays a vital role in the respiratory tract by allowing air to pass through it while keeping food and drink from blocking the airway. The larynx is located within the anterior aspect of the neck anterior to the inferior portion of the pharynx and superior to the tracheaits primary function is to protect the lower airway by closing abruptly upon mechanical stimulation thereby halting respiration and preventing the entry of foreign matter into the airway. The larynx is composed of nine cartilages that are held together by muscles and ligament the single thyroid cricoid and epiglottic cartilages and the paired arytenoid corniculate and cuneiform cartilages
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.