The ultimate target of afferent auditory information is the auditory cortex although the auditory cortex has a number of subdivisions a broad distinction can be made between a primary area and peripheral or belt areas. What is the primary auditory cortex it is that region of the brain which dispenses sound and is responsible for the ability to hear it is an essential section. Auditory cortex represents the highest level of the auditory system in mammals while much is known about the processing features and structures of subcortical auditory circuits the specific roles of even the major auditory cortical areas remain somewhat elusive
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.