The dacryocystorhinostomy operation which involves fistulization of the lacrimal sac into the nasal cavity may alleviate the symptoms the operative approach to the sac may be external or endoscopic the latter approach may use rigid telescopes or the microscope. Right sided endoscopic dcr performed for treatment of dacryocystitis posted with patient permission. Endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy dcr is indicated when medical therapy has failed to achieve resolution of the disease since 1904 5 the surgical management accepted for this disease was the external approach although caldwell 6 was the first to propose in 1893 the endonasal approach unfortunately limited by the technology at that time the introduction of endoscopes with different
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.